Two new CDs released this year: Schubert solo in May (by JVC in Japan) and Paderewski in October with the Philharmonia Orchestra and Vladimir Ashkenazy (by the Chopin Institute in Poland.) Click here for more details.
- November 18 & 19: Concerts with the National Symphony Orchestra at the Taipei National Concert Hall, Taiwan
- November 21: Concert as part of the Cultural EXPO Korea-Vietnam at the Ho Chi Minh City National Conservatory Hall, Vietnam
- November 23: Gala Concert celebrating the 100th birthday of Mr. Dang Thai Sonís mother at the Grand Hall of the Vietnam National Academy of Music, Hanoi, Vietnam
- November 24 - December 3 : China Recital Tour (Nov. 25: Chengdu, Nov. 26: Changsha,
Nov. 29: Guangzhou, Dec. 1: Shenzhen, Dec. 3: Hangzhou)
- December 11 : Concert "Hommage to Polish music: Chopin, Paderewski" at the Carnegie hall ís Well Recital Hall, New York, USA
Photo: Hirotoshi Sato
News & Noteworthy:
Mr. Dang is the winner of the Prix Opus (equivalent of a Grammy Award in Quebec, Canada) in the 2016 "Concert of the Year" category for his concert presented by the Fondation Arte Musica at the Musee de Beaux Arts' Bourgie Hall in Montreal, Canada.
Re-release in 2015 by Deutsche Grammophone of Dang Thai Son's performances of Chopin as part of the 11-CD box set "Great Chopin Pianists."
Watch this gripping trailer of "The Cannon and the Flower", a feature length documentary produced by Story4. This documentary tells the story of Dang Thai Son and his mother, Madame Thai Thi Lien, and about their passion for music that transcended all odds.
Following are some selections from Dang Thai Sonís performance in the 1980 International Chopin Piano Competition in Warsaw: