- February 15: Recital at the Szczecin Filharmonic, Poland
- March 9 - 12: Master classes in the Lac Como-Oberlin Consevatory Fellow Program, Oberlin, Ohio, USA
- March 25: Concert with the Orchestra Nouvelle Generation, Claude Champagne Hall, Montreal, Canada
- April 4 - 6: Guest Professor at the Taiwan National Normal University, Taiwan
- April 7: Guest Professor at the Tainan International Music Festival, Taiwan
- April 8: Recital at the Tainan International Music Festival, Taiwan
- April 18: Recital at the Markham Theater, Toronto, Canada
- May 1 - 12: Jury at the Montreal International Piano Competition, Canada
- June 2: Recital in Ottawa, Canada
- June 10: Recital at the Seoul National Art Center, Korea
- June 16 - 25: Recital tour in Japan ( June 16: Tokyo Musashino; June 17: Urayasu; June 18: Nagoya; June 20: Fukuoka; June 22: Tokyo; June 23: Matsumoto; and June 25: Hiroshima)
Mr. Dang is the winner of the Prix Opus (equivalent of a Grammy Award in Quebec, Canada) in the 2016 "Concert of the Year" category for his concert presented by the Fondation Arte Musica at the Musee de Beaux Arts' Bourgie Hall in Montreal, Canada.
Two exciting recording projects are slated for release this year, 2017. The first one (will be released on May 24, 2017) is a Schubert recording with Victor Kenwood Japan, a company that Dang Thai Son has worked with since 1995. The second recording devotes to Paderewski's compositions which includes the Piano Concerto in a minor, Op. 17 and a selection of Paderewski's solo works. The Piano Concerto on this CD was recorded live with the Philharmonia Orchestra under the baton of Vladimir Ashkenazy during the "Chopin and his Europe" Festival in Warsaw on August 29th, 2015. This recording will be released in the fall of 2017.
Re-release in 2015 by Deutsche Grammophone of Dang Thai Son's performances of Chopin as part of the 11-CD box set "Great Chopin Pianists."
Watch this gripping trailer of "The Cannon and the Flower", a feature length documentary produced by Story4. This documentary tells the story of Dang Thai Son and his mother, Madame Thai Thi Lien, and about their passion for music that transcended all odds.
Following are some selections from Dang Thai Sonís performance in the 1980 International Chopin Piano Competition in Warsaw: